So instead of posting angry political rants, everyone should just post recipes. It would make the Internet more useful.
For example: Arguing tax policy with Facebook friends is a useless thing to do.
1. But a recipe for pepperoni pizza macaroni and cheese would be useful.
Uninformed post-election analysis status updates: completely useless.
Recipe for spinach prosciutto and mozzarella stuffed pork tenderloin: very useful.
Writing out a lengthy paragraph to accompany an Onion article you didn’t realize was parody is not only useless, but dumb.
2. But a recipe for chicken parmesean meatloaf muffins is useful and great.
Decrying America’s descent into socialism might make you feel better, but it’s useless.
4. But a recipe for oven-baked sweet potato fries could also make you feel better and it’s useful.
However, if you’re going to post a political rant anyways, you can always make it useful by putting a recipe in the middle.
5. Because not everyone appreciates your political opinions, but everyone appreciates onions sautéed in butter and stirred in garlic.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›