So instead of posting angry political rants, everyone should just post recipes. It would make the Internet more useful.
For example: Arguing tax policy with Facebook friends is a useless thing to do.
1. But a recipe for pepperoni pizza macaroni and cheese would be useful.
Uninformed post-election analysis status updates: completely useless.
Recipe for spinach prosciutto and mozzarella stuffed pork tenderloin: very useful.
Writing out a lengthy paragraph to accompany an Onion article you didn’t realize was parody is not only useless, but dumb.
2. But a recipe for chicken parmesean meatloaf muffins is useful and great.
Decrying America’s descent into socialism might make you feel better, but it’s useless.
4. But a recipe for oven-baked sweet potato fries could also make you feel better and it’s useful.
However, if you’re going to post a political rant anyways, you can always make it useful by putting a recipe in the middle.
5. Because not everyone appreciates your political opinions, but everyone appreciates onions sautéed in butter and stirred in garlic.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›