1. President Obama and Gov. Chris Christie toured the Jersey Shore Tuesday to inspect recovery efforts seven months after Hurricane Sandy struck.
2. They went to the Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk and played some games, like this one where you have to throw a football through a tire.
3. Obama actually missed every single time he tried — like he literally went 0 for 5 — but they still gave him a prize.
4. It was a Chicago Bears bear.
5. Christie won on his first try, though.
7. They also played Frog Bog.
Last stop on the Point Pleasant Boardwalk was a quick game of â€œFrog Bogâ€ with the kids #STTS
8. The White House press secretary told reporters Obama believes Christie “has done an excellent job in the efforts he’s undertaken” to rebuild the region.
9. And Obama told tourists to come to the Jersey Shore, saying, “America, bring your family and friends. Spend a little money on the Jersey Shore.”
10. Here’s video of Obama and Christie’s remarks following their boardwalk jaunt.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast on Saturday.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.