1. President Obama and Gov. Chris Christie toured the Jersey Shore Tuesday to inspect recovery efforts seven months after Hurricane Sandy struck.
2. They went to the Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk and played some games, like this one where you have to throw a football through a tire.
3. Obama actually missed every single time he tried — like he literally went 0 for 5 — but they still gave him a prize.
4. It was a Chicago Bears bear.
5. Christie won on his first try, though.
7. They also played Frog Bog.
Last stop on the Point Pleasant Boardwalk was a quick game of â€œFrog Bogâ€ with the kids #STTS
8. The White House press secretary told reporters Obama believes Christie “has done an excellent job in the efforts he’s undertaken” to rebuild the region.
9. And Obama told tourists to come to the Jersey Shore, saying, “America, bring your family and friends. Spend a little money on the Jersey Shore.”
10. Here’s video of Obama and Christie’s remarks following their boardwalk jaunt.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.