1. City officials in Cupertino, Calif., approved Apple’s new 2.8 million-square-foot headquarters Tuesday.
2. Named Apple Campus 2, the building will be located near Apple’s current headquarters at 1 Infinite Loop.
3. The Infinite Loop campus houses approximately 3,000 employees, according to Apple. Apple Campus 2 will house 14,000 employees.
Nurmib / Wikipedia
4. The camps was described as, “the best office building ever built in the world,” by Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
5. “We’ve designed it with the same care and attention to detail as we do with all Apple products,” Dan Whisenhunt, Apple’s head of real estate and facilities, said at a council meeting.
In The News Today
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›