1. City officials in Cupertino, Calif., approved Apple’s new 2.8 million-square-foot headquarters Tuesday.
2. Named Apple Campus 2, the building will be located near Apple’s current headquarters at 1 Infinite Loop.
3. The Infinite Loop campus houses approximately 3,000 employees, according to Apple. Apple Campus 2 will house 14,000 employees.
Nurmib / Wikipedia
4. The camps was described as, “the best office building ever built in the world,” by Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer, according to the San Jose Mercury News.
5. “We’ve designed it with the same care and attention to detail as we do with all Apple products,” Dan Whisenhunt, Apple’s head of real estate and facilities, said at a council meeting.
In The News Today
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›