1. Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna Salad Sandwich
Pan Bagnat means bathed bread, if that’s not the best thing you’re ever heard. Get the recipe on Food52.
2. Flank Steak on Texas Toast with Chimichurri
What’s better than juicy, garlicky and fragrant steak smushed between two pieces of our favorite texas toast? The answer is NOTHING. Get the recipe on Food52.
3. The Scuttlebutt
This sandwich is flexible: Use fresh tomatoes and basil in the summer and roasted roots and chiffonaded kale in the winter. Whatever you do, it’s going to be awesome. Get the recipe on Food52.
4. Smoky Tempeh and Hummus Sandwiches
Hearty, vegan tempeh meets creamy hummus. It’s a match made in ‘wich heaven. Get the recipe on Food52.
5. Chinese Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Kale and Apple Slaw
Your takeout chinese gets revamped with this just-messy-enough pulled pork sandwich and bonus kale & apple slaw. Get the recipe on Food52.
6. Avocado Crab Rolls
Feeling crabby? This butter-toasted roll bursting with crab and bound by avocado mayonnaise is sure to cure your woes. Get the recipe on Food52.
7. Gabrielle Hamilton’s Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
The secret behind this crisp, fast, just better grilled cheese sandwich is (shhhh) mayonnaise. Get the recipe on Food52.
8. Caramelized Pork Bánh Mì
Don’t let the name steer you away, this seasoned pork tenderloin could be a recipe on its own. But we sure like it in a sandwich. Get the recipe on Food52.
9. Vegan Lentil Sloppy Joes
Easy, filling, and inexpensive, this is the only vegan sloppy Joe recipe you’ll ever need. And it sure rivals your meat-packed version. Get the recipe on Food52.
10. Pistachio-Crusted Chicken Tortas
The pistachio bits add a welcome crunch to the softness of the beans and avocado sauce. We recommend a handful of napkins to accompany you while eating. Get the recipe on Food52.
11. Sharp Cheddar and Mustardy Greens Breakfast Sandwich
We can’t stay away from fried eggs and sharp cheddar cheese. Brinner anyone? Get the recipe on Food52.
12. Shrimp Salad Sandwich
This dilly, mayonnaisey shrimp sandwich is a classic Norwegian summer food. They may have lacked in the World Cup but good work here Norway! Get the recipe on Food52.
13. Provençal Tuna Melt
Packed with lots of flavor, this makes for an excellent and healthy dinner. Granted, it’s as healthy as a tuna melt can be. Get the recipe on Food52.
14. Bocadillo El Camino: Spanish Omelet Sandwich To Go
Need a grab-and-go dinner? This mildly sweet omelet goes beautifully with the garlicky allioli and the tangy tomato. The baguette completes this handheld god-send. Get the recipe on Food52.
15. Fried Scallop Sandwich
These sandwiches were delicious served with peppery arugula and a ripe, juicy tomato, but it was the easy-to-prepare, irresistible salsa verde mayo that made this our dinnertime favorite. Get the recipe on Food52.
16. My Best Tomato Sandwich
It’s nothing fancy, but there’s something about two pieces of toast spread with mayo and stuffed as generously as possible with slices of ripe tomato — it makes life good. Get the recipe on Food52.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›