1. Finishing touches are put in place before the sun rises.
2. The sun slowly rises over the Capitol.
3. People file into the Washington Mall.
4. The Capitol is ready.
5. People (and their flags) waited overnight to get a spot.
6. An estimated 1 million people would watch Obama’s second inauguration in person.
7. The podium is marked.
8. The crowds gather.
9. San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro is the first to his seat.
He gave the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention.
10. The president makes his way to Capitol Hill.
11. The president arrives at the Capitol.
12. Obama signs the inauguration proclamation.
13. Signed, sealed, and delivered.
14. The justices gather.
16. Jay-Z and Beyonce follow.
17. Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi are next.
19. Hillary and Bill greet Barack.
20. Myrlie Evers-Williams, the wife of a fallen civil rights leader, delivers the invocation.
Her husband, Medgar, was murdered in 1963.
21. Obama takes in the moment.
22. Obama and Biden shake hands.
23. Vice President Joe Biden is sworn in again.
24. As is President Obama.
25. The crowd waves flags from the National Mall.
27. “Today we continue a never-ending journey, to bridge the meaning of those words with the realities of our time.”
29. Before a crowd of 1 million people.
30. Kelly Clarkson sings “My Country Tis of Thee.”
31. The Obamas look on.
33. The dignitaries begin to file out.
35. And continues on his way.
36. The Obamas and the Bidens.
37. The president and First Lady leave for the Inaugural Parade.
38. They wave to spectators along Pennsylvania Avenue.
39. And look flawless.
40. Vice President Biden and Dr. Jill Biden join them on the parade route.
41. Were you the person Biden gave a thumbs-up to?
42. The First Couple show affection in the stands as they watch the parade.
44. The First Couple dance to “Let’s Stay Together.”
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."