1. OK, I get it. The failings of the U.S. government are way more relevant to the average American than a possible deal with Iran. Nuclear weapons, shmuclear weapons.
October 14, 2013 / Via content.time.com
2. And it’s hard to get people interested in a currency that they don’t use, especially when the dollar’s so strong.
August 12, 2013 / Via content.time.com
3. And, let’s be real: The European Union’s always having some sort of financial problem.
October 3, 2011 / Via content.time.com
4. It’s true that late-night TV hosts have more of an impact on the day-to-day lives of Americans than the economic recession. Right?
September 14, 2009 / Via content.time.com
5. Hey, this was a year and a half before the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi. Nobody cared about Libya then.
March 7, 2011 / Via content.time.com
6. And let’s be honest, the rest of the world cares way more than America about the fact that Guantanamo Bay’s still open. That makes perfect sense.
June 10, 2013 / Via content.time.com
7. But this seems like…something that people in the U.S. should be reading.
September 17, 2012 / Via content.time.com
11. To be fair, China’s rise to economic superpower is totally not something that’s going to impact America’s future.
September 28, 2009 / Via content.time.com
12. Same thing with Russia’s growing power.
September 18, 2013 / Via content.time.com
13. And do Americans really care that she was under house arrest for 15 years?
November 29, 2010 / Via content.time.com
14. OK, people in the U.S. care a lot about religious issues.
April 2, 2007 / Via content.time.com
17. Las Vegas is super cool, who needs to be informed about global health crises?
August 24, 2009 / Via content.time.com
18. Speaking of informed, do you know who this guy is? Neither do most Americans.
November 28, 2011 / Via content.time.com
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›