1. First of all, you don’t need meat to make an amazing burger.
2. And while everyone is concerned you’re not getting enough protein, your burger is actually a healthier protein source.
3. You don’t need mayonnaise to make a killer potato salad.
4. And it doesn’t take a vegan to tell you that mayo is gross and has no place at a barbecue anyway.
5. (Also gross and basic: regular hot dogs.)
6. You know that spices and seasoning is a better way to bring out the flavor of summer produce than slathering it in animal fat.
7. And that God made vegetables for grilling.
8. And even fruit.
9. Not eating meat and dairy leaves more room for EVERYTHING ELSE.
10. And that the best part of a barbecue is not always the burger, anyway.
11. (Not at a good barbecue anyway.)
12. You don’t need cream to make something delicious.
13. Or butter.
14. And knowing no animals were harmed makes it that much more delicious.
15. And so to you, vegan food is a heckuva lot prettier than the “real” versions.
16. At the end of a barbecue, carnivores are usually suffering from the meat sweats.
17. Vegans don’t have that problem.
18. Not even close.
19. You feel great.
20. And you’re full, sure.
21. But you probably don’t need a nap.
22. You’re probably getting ready for Round Two.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›