1. Breakfast Popsicles
You’ll love the recipe’s simplicity of just yogurt and fruit. Your kid will love BREAKFAST POPSICLES. Recipe here.
2. Breakfast Banana Pops
So easy and simple, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it first. Recipe here.
3. Open-Faced Egg and Tomato Sandwich
A thick and juicy tomato adds delicious nutrients to a whole wheat English muffin, egg, and cheddar cheese. Recipe here.
4. Gluten-Free, Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
Basically you just throw everything into a bowl, mix, spread in a pan, and wait for it to firm up. Store in the freezer and pull ‘em out before your kid runs out the door. Place in hand. Smile with the knowledge your child is getting a healthy breakfast. Recipe here.
5. French Toast With Berries
Between the whole grain bread, cottage cheese, and berries, this decadent breakfast is packed with nutrition. (Sub in regular almond milk for the vanilla kind and skip the pat of butter on top to go even healthier.) Recipe here.
Forget the bready nest. Serve your kids eggs in vegetables instead. Recipe here.
7. One-Minute Blueberry Citrus Shake
8. Fruity Breakfast Parfaits
It goes like this: fruit, yogurt, crunchies. Done. Recipes here.
9. Breakfast Burrito Bites
Significantly more fun than a regular breakfast burrito. Recipe here.
10. Almond Butter and Banana Open Sandwich
Follow the recipe or make up your own. Either way = win.
11. American Flag Toasts
Exceptionally well suited for Fourth of July, but in season all summer long: whole wheat toast + fat free cottage cheese + strawberry jam (easy to do homemade!) + bananas + berries.
12. Frozen Breakfast Quesadillas
The eggs, cheese, and beans make this a seriously protein-filled breakfast option, perfect for starting a big day. Make them in advance, freeze, and pop in the microwave in the morning for something quick, tasty, and completely satisfying. Recipe here.
13. Overnight Oats With Strawberries and Chia Seeds
14. No-Bake Quinoa Crumble Bars
Spend 30 minutes making the night before, refrigerate, sleep, serve. Recipe here.
15. No Junk Apple, Cinnamon, and Strawberry Muffins
Made with maple syrup instead of refined sugar, apples, and dried strawberries, these muffins don’t lack in the sweetness department OR the fruit department. Recipe here.
16. Blueberry Pie Oatmeal
This recipe uses only 1/2 tablespoon of honey, a healthier, non-processed alternative to sugar, to get the sweet, dessert-like taste your kid will love. Recipe here.
17. Mango and Berry Swirl
There are no weird or artificial ingredients in this colorful breakfast: just fruit, milk, honey and water. Recipe here.
18. Easy Peanut and Banana Roll
Whole wheat tortilla + peanut butter + bananas + a few dark chocolate chips = a power breakfast your kid can eat on the way to the bus. Feel free to add berries or nuts to up the nutrition.
19. Gluten-Free Mexican Mini Quiches
The perfect way to use up your leftover chicken from dinner, you can prep these little guys in less than 10 minutes, stick them in the oven, and take care of other important business during the 30 minutes they’re cooking. Recipe here.
20. Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
So delicious and creamy and healthy, and you can make it in five minutes. This might just be the perfect breakfast. Recipe here.
21. Slow Cooker Whole Grain Breakfast Porridge
Long live the slow cooker. Recipe here.
22. Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
Listen, pancakes are admittedly not the fastest breakfast in the world, but if you spend 30 minutes making them on Sunday, you can stick them in the freezer and heat up any other day of the week in a jiffy. Recipe here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.