1. Make vegan mayonnaise.
It’s like when two very attractive people (mayo and guac, in this case) get together and have a child that’s even better looking than either of them. Recipe here.
2. Bake it into cheesy skillet pizza bread.
3. Or, just put it on an actual pizza.
Everything tastes better in pizza form. Recipe here.
4. Make a super-simple, healthy pudding.
You just need four ingredients, 2 minutes, and a blender! Recipe here.
5. Use it as a moisturizing face mask.
6. Freeze it into popsicles.
If you ever find yourself with a surplus of avocados (unlikely, but still), these will last weeks in the freezer. Recipe here.
8. Bake an egg into it.
Protein + Fat + Deliciousness = Staying Power and Happiness. Recipe here.
9. Grill it.
Learn how to grill avocados (and then turn them into guacamole!) here.
10. … then, stuff it!
In terms of what to put inside, nothing is off limits. Recipe here.
11. Use it to make low-carb, dairy-free mint chocolate chip ice cream.
No green food coloring necessary. Recipe here.
12. Spike it with tequila.
It sounds weird until you remember that everything is better with tequila. Recipe here.
13. Use it to make a crazy delicious guacamole/hummus hybrid.
The cronut ain’t got nothin’ on HUacamole. Recipe here.
14. Repurpose the flesh and the ground-up pit to make a heavy-duty foot scrub.
15. Blend it into pesto.
Combine half an avocado with half a cup of pesto for a creamy, super flavorful sauce. Recipe here.
16. Make it your base ingredient for cold soup.
Crab and avocado salads are pretty de rigueur, so why not try cold avocado and crab soup? Recipe here.
17. Use it as a dairy substitute in creamy salad dressings.
Dairy-free caesar? Check. Recipe here.
19. Turn it into paleo, vegan frosting.
Everybody’s happy. Recipe here.
(Try spreading the frosting on these gluten-free, grain-free avocado brownies!)
20. Mix it with sour cream to create a whole new condiment.
Perfect pairings include (but are not limited to): potato skins, quesadillas, chips, and crudités. Recipe here.
21. Turn it into a deep-conditioning hair mask.
More instructions here.
22. Turn it into cheese-less “cheesecake.”
The above recipe is completely raw, completely vegan, and completely delicious. Recipe here.
23. Pair it with green tea for thick, smoothie-like bubble tea.
The silky texture of the avocado blends really well with the chewy tapioca pearls. Recipe here.
24. Mix it into mashed potatoes.
No butter necessary. Recipe here.
25. Puree it and use it in risotto.
Genius. Recipe here.
26. Eat it for breakfast, in pancake form.
With chocolate, obviously. Recipe here.
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›