WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live):
- Bell peppers
- Green beans
- Green onions
- Summer squash
1. Fresh Corn Cakes With Pulled Pork and Cherry Salsa
2. Stone Fruit Tart
This stone fruit tart is taken to new heights with a layer of pistachio cream, which really is as delicious as it sounds. Recipe here.
4. Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad
Sometimes I just don’t feel like eating chicken salad that’s 35% mayo. This chicken salad is for those times. Recipe here.
6. Coconut Rice Pudding with Roasted Cherries
Done right, rice pudding is delightful. Recipe here.
7. Summer Squash Gratin With Salsa Verde
No reason why potatoes should get to have all the roasted, bread-crumbed fun. Recipe here.
9. Grilled Ribeye With Parsley, Celery and Blue Cheese
#STEAK please. Recipe here.
10. Cucumber Jalapeño Margtini
My two favorite cocktails in one, with a kick. Recipe here.
12. Heirloom Tomato Galette
Pizza’s super sophisticated cousin is visiting from out of town. Recipe here.
13. Sweet Corn, Peach, and Cherry Salad With Creamy Goat Cheese and Lime Dressing
14. Blackberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble
This is how the cookie crumbles. Recipe here.
15. Miso Roasted Eggplants With Tomatoes, Dill, Shiso, and Black Vinegar
16. Beergarita Ice Pops With Smoky Chile Salt
Beer me that ice pop. Recipe here.
17. Blackened Fish Tacos With Avocado Cilantro Sauce
18. Corn Jalapeño Fritters
Corn on the cob never gets old. Except, by the end of August, corn on the cob gets a little old. Recipe here.
19. Garlic and Rosemary Grilled Chicken With Scallions
Rosemary gives grilled chicken an earthy, almost roasted taste. Recipe here.
20. Raspberry Coconut Chia Pudding Pops
Heck chi-YEAH. Recipe here.
21. Vegan Grilled Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burrito Bowls
23. Cherry Mint Margaritas
This new-to-me combo is well on its way to becoming a classic. Recipe here.
27. Peach Cobbler Cinnamon Rolls
Late summer mornings are just peachy. Recipe here.
28. Zucchini Anchovy Pizza
If you belong to a CSA, there will come a time this month when you have more zucchini than you know what to do with, but all you want is pizza. This recipe is your solution. Recipe here.
29. Heirloom Tomato Pasta
Sometimes, summer tomatoes aren’t in the mood to be saucy. Recipe here.
30. Goat Cheese-Stuffed Apricots with Honey
Push those dried apricots to the back of your pantry. Fresh apricots are in season, and that is something worth taking advantage of. Recipe here.
- Thai police have found more bomb-making materials in a second apartment, after making the first arrest on Saturday in Bangkok's deadly shrine blast. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›