2. Spaghetti with Herbed Ricotta and Garlic
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
5 cloves garlic
1/2 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1 small bunch chives (about 1/2 cup, chopped)
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice garlic cloves, and set aside. Slice basil leaves into thin ribbons, and coarsely chop chives and parsley. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chopped herbs and the ricotta, and mix to combine.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat, and add sliced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, until garlic is soft, then add the cooked pasta, 1 1/2 cups of the herbed ricotta, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss together and season with salt and pepper. Continue to heat, tossing occasionally, until the cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
Transfer to a serving bowl and dollop with the remaining 1/2 cup ricotta.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›