2. Spaghetti with Herbed Ricotta and Garlic
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
5 cloves garlic
1/2 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1 small bunch chives (about 1/2 cup, chopped)
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice garlic cloves, and set aside. Slice basil leaves into thin ribbons, and coarsely chop chives and parsley. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chopped herbs and the ricotta, and mix to combine.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat, and add sliced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, until garlic is soft, then add the cooked pasta, 1 1/2 cups of the herbed ricotta, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss together and season with salt and pepper. Continue to heat, tossing occasionally, until the cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
Transfer to a serving bowl and dollop with the remaining 1/2 cup ricotta.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.