2. Spaghetti with Chorizo, Black Beans and Lime
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 lb cured chorizo*
6 cloves garlic
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons chili powder
juice of 2 limes
1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*If the chorizo at your local grocery store comes in a 14-oz. package, using just 14-oz. is fine.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice the chorizo, and finely mince garlic. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, then add chorizo. Cook for about 2 minutes, flipping halfway through, until warm and lightly browned on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low, add minced garlic, and cook for another minute. Stir in black beans, chili powder, lime juice, and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, and stir to create sauce. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl.
Garnish with additional slices of lime, if desired.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
We've got your WKND covered.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›