2. Spaghetti with Chorizo, Black Beans and Lime
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
1 lb cured chorizo*
6 cloves garlic
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons chili powder
juice of 2 limes
1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*If the chorizo at your local grocery store comes in a 14-oz. package, using just 14-oz. is fine.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice the chorizo, and finely mince garlic. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, then add chorizo. Cook for about 2 minutes, flipping halfway through, until warm and lightly browned on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low, add minced garlic, and cook for another minute. Stir in black beans, chili powder, lime juice, and 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, and stir to create sauce. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl.
Garnish with additional slices of lime, if desired.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
You can get a great skillet here (pictured left, worth the price, will last forever) or a more affordable decent one here. Any stock pot that’s at least 8 quarts will work, but a 12-quart pot (pictured right) is your best bet. Get a simple one here.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›