Typically, a recipe will call for either a lemon or a meyer lemon, and it’s important to understand the difference.
Regular lemons are intensely sour and very potent, whereas meyer lemons aren’t as acidic, and have a subtly sweet, floral flavor. Also, meyer lemons are more orange in color, and have smoother skin.
Substituting one for the other won’t make a recipe taste bad, exactly, it’ll just taste different. Better to go with whichever variety is suggested.
1. Lemon Ginger Cheesecake
Who knew that when lemon met Cool Whip, something so… elegant would happen. Recipe here.
2. Easy Lemon Cake with Marshmallow and Toasted Coconut Frosting
With marshmallow frosting, you get the pretty effect of meringue without having to understand the annoyingly subtle difference between a “soft peak” and a “stiff peak.” Recipe here.
4. Coconut Cupcakes with Lemon Curd, Vanilla Whipped Cream and Toasted Coconut
5. No-Bake White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
So, there’s no actual lemon, but these get points for unbeatable simplicity. Recipe here.
6. Lemon Curd Pistachio Sundaes
A sundae bar for grown-ups. Recipe here.
7. Macarons with Lemon Buttercream Filling
8. Lemon Panna Cotta with Lemon Marmalade
10. Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Filling and Meringue Frosting
12. Warm Lemon Pudding Cake
Still confused as to whether this is pudding OR cake OR something entirely new. Honestly, though, it doesn’t really matter. Recipe here.
15. Lemon Ricotta Pies
Just a touch of lemon zest is enough for these delicate ricotta pies. Recipe here.
17. Meyer Lemon Soufflés
I literally gasped at the sight of this. Recipe here.
18. The Best Damn Meyer Lemon Cake
No frosting. No dusting. No artful presentation. This cake literally has nothing to prove. Recipe here.
19. Meyer Lemon Curd and Chamomille Vanilla Mousse
20. Meyer Lemon Molten Cakes
Oozin’ curd. Recipe here.
22. Meyer Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream
An extra tart, cold treat. Recipe here.
23. Meyer Lemon Crinkle Cookies
WARNING: it’s truly impossible to eat just one. Recipe here.
25. Meyer Lemon Pastry
Candying the lemons makes them sticky-sweet and the perfect pastry topping. Recipe here.
26. Meyer Lemon Crepe Cake
You could even serve this for brunch if you were feeling something sweet (and ambitious). Recipe here.
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- Liberia has reported its first Ebola death since the country was declared free of the virus in May.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who's faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president.