1. Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
A fruit cup is fine, but adding quinoa turns it into an actual meal, not a sad excuse for breakfast that’ll leave you starving an hour later. Recipe here.
3. Quinoa Salad with Moroccan Spices, Dried Fruit, and Avocado
Sweet bites of dried fruit make this hearty grain salad perfectly breakfast-y. Recipe here.
4. Blueberry Breakfast Salad
That blueberry muffin from the deli case is an easy option, but it’ll just lead to a 10 a.m. sugar crash. Enjoy your blueberries with greens, oranges, and a little bit of granola for a breakfast that’ll stay with you longer. Recipe here.
5. Baby Kale, Tomato, and Poached Egg Breakfast Salad
Top greens and whatever other vegetables you have in your fridge with a couple of poached eggs, and you’ll get 12 grams of protein, plus tons of nutrients and fiber. Recipe here.
6. Smoked Salmon Salad
Lox doesn’t have to mean bagels. Pair it instead with veggies and a yogurt-horseradish dressing. Full flavor, no lethargic carb-coma. Recipe here.
7. Mellow Yellow Breakfast Salad
Pumpkin seeds add staying power to breakfast-ready pear and banana. Add greek yogurt for even more oomph. Recipe here.
8. Plum Avocado Summer Salad
This one has a little kick of chili to wake you up. Recipe here.
9. Grilled Wedge Salad with a Fried Egg and Cranberry Feta
Who says you can’t fire up your grill before 10 a.m.? Recipe here.
10. Sweet Potato Breakfast Salad with Almond Butter Protein Dressing
The power is in the smoothie-like dressing, which is a combination of almond butter, almond milk, dates, and protein powder. Recipe here>
11. The Breakfast Salad with Pork, Egg, Tomato and Avocado
Protein-packed, and guaranteed to keep you going until late lunch. Recipe here.
12. Fruit Salad with Walnuts and Avocado
Walnuts and avocado provide healthy fats to help your body absorb the nutrients from the fruit, and (unpictured) yogurt adds filling protein. Recipe here.
13. BLT Breakfast Salad with Soft-Boiled Eggs and Avocado
This may be too much for an everyday breakfast, but it’s perfect for a weekend brunch. Recipe here.
14. Brainy Breakfast Salad
Apple, avocado, raisin, walnut, and cinnamon make for the perfect mix of textures, flavors, and vitamins. Recipe here.
15. Avocado Citrus Crunch Salad with Oat Croutons and a Buttermilk Drizzle
“Oat croutons” is really just a salad-y way of saying “granola,” but I dig it. Make a big batch of them, then stock enough produce to make this salad all week. Recipe here.
16. Pomegranate Salad with Maple Vinaigrette and Cinnamon Sugar Croutons
Yes, you read that right. For healthier croutons, use whole grain bread. Recipe here.
17. Bacon, Egg and Toast Salad
Why not reverse-engineer your breakfast sandwich, going heavy on the vegetables and light on the bread. Recipe here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Thai police have found more bomb-making materials in a second apartment, following Saturday's arrest in Bangkok's deadly shrine blast. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›