WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live.)
2. Swedish Meatballs
Click through for a truly excellent step-by-step photo series. Recipe here.
3. Easy Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
5. Buttery Braised Leeks with a Crispy Panko Topping
6. Crepes with Whipped Meyer Lemon Ricotta
7. Stuck-Pot Rice with Lentils and Yogurt
Face it, you usually burn the bottom of the rice a little bit, anyway. Might as well do it on purpose. Recipe here.
8. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Yes, another brussels sprout salad. Because they are the best. Recipe here.
9. Dad’s Friday Night Pasta Dish
A giant spaghetti/lasagna/pizza hybrid that everyone will love. Recipe here.
11. Winter’s Revival
If coconut water can cure a hangover, then surely putting coconut water in the drink will prevent one altogether. Recipe here.
14. Dehydrated Citrus Wheels
Because they’re easy and really, really stunning. Recipe here.
16. Chicken Pot Pie Pizza
Are you still breathing? Or, did you literally just DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN!?!? Recipe here.
19. Pot-Roasted Artichokes
Artichokes might not show up in markets until later in the month, but start taking advantage of them immediately with this super-flavorful one-pot dish. Recipe here.
20. Blood Orange Buttermilk Poundcake
21. Chicken in Milk
22. Chocolate Eclipse
Just eat it straight off of that spoon. Recipe here.
23. Roasted Asparagus and Gruyere Soup
24. Creamed Swiss Chard with Lemony Breadcrumbs
25. Beet Salad with Candied Marcona Almonds
26. Beer-Battered Fish Tacos
Sure, fish tacos seem like a summer thing. But, isn’t it better to eat these outside of bikini season? Recipe here.
28. Affogato Speciale
Ice cream, amaretto, espresso, and stout? I’ll take three (for real, though… they’re small). Recipe here.
30. Honey Salmon in Foil
It’s hard to beat a recipe that takes 25 minutes from start to finish. Recipe here.