1. Turkey and Avocado Onigiri Footballs
Don’t even try to use fish for this one; Super Bowl snacks sit out on the table way too long for that to be OK. Recipe and instructions here.
2. Superbowl Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing
5. Dark Rye Grilled Cheese Footballs
Make the sandwiches with dark rye and your favorite kind of cheese (swiss or cheddar would be best, IMO), then just trim the edges to make them football shaped, and squirt on some mayo to make laces.
6. Football Cocoa Krispie Rice Treat
8. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs
Strawberries are practically football shaped, anyway, so all you have to do is add some white chocolate laces. Instructions here.
9. Madeira Mushroom-Filled Football Tart
If you really want to class things up, this is the way to go. Recipe here.
10. Peanut Butter Football Dip
All of your favorite things in a festive football package. Recipe here.
11. Frozen Footballs
As your brain freeze sets in, take a moment to appreciate the players and fans that are actually at the game. Outside. In New Jersey. In February. Recipe here.
12. Nutella Chocolate Football Truffles
Don’t like football? Who cares, you’ll like these. Recipe here.
13. Football Bites with Sausage and Cheddar
The easy way out. Instructions here.
14. Watermelon Football Helmet
15. Pigskin Cheese Ball
17. Football Whoopie Pies
18. Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread Footballs
A slightly more involved recipe that’s so, so worth it. Recipe here.
20. Asiago and Prosciutto Rice Balls
Rice balls are delicious. Rice FOOTballs are better. Recipe here.
21. Chocolate Chalkboard
You know, so you can study plays and stuff. Who cares that you’re not actually, uh… playing. Instructions here.