2. 53 year old Canadian astronaut and undisputed king of zero gravity social media, Chris Hadfield announced his retirement yesterday afternoon. Most recently, Hadfield was commander of the International Space Station (the first Canadian to do so).
4. Through his tweets, photos, and videos, Hadfield brought us closer to the experience of living in space than anyone before. Let’s check out some of the highlights, shall we?
5. On board the International Space Station, Hadfield taught us how to laugh…
7. He reminded us that, even far from home, it’s important to stick to your roots.
8. And that in space, no one can hear you clean.
9. He hosted live chats with tons of school children across the country during his voyage.
10. And showed us how to prepare a tasty lunch on a budget
11. He even gave us some quick photography tips…
12. …which was super cool because the photos he took of Earth were stunning:
18. …so, of course, Hadfield hung out with him…in SPACE.
19. Oh, and he also made a totally rad, full-length music video covering David Bowie’s ‘Space Oddity’
20. All told, it appears Commander Hadfield didn’t waste a second up in space…and for that, we thank you!
21. Happy retirement, Chris!
22. Check out all his amazing videos on the Canadian Space Agency’s YouTube page here. You can also find most of the photos via Hadfield’s Twitter account.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!