1. In the midst of Ted Cruz’s speech in the Senate, a star is born.
2. Meet “Corner Guy.”
3. The internet began to ponder about “Corner Guy.”
The corner guy:
7. Some were scared of him.
I’m more than a little suspicious of Corner Guy. RT @bennyjohnson: Corner guy getting suspicious.
8. Some were distracted by him.
Seriously. That dude is distracting me. RT @bennyjohnson: Corner guy getting suspicious.
9. But most just demanded to know who he was.
@aseitzwald @AndrewHClark @RaffiWilliams @BuzzFeedAndrew so where is the name?!?! Inquiring minds want to know
10. “Corner Guy” is actually John R. Ellis IV.
13. He got his JD at Samford University Cumberland School of Law.
14. And a BA in political science and government from the University of North Texas.
17. And took this photo when Obama was not looking.
20. And he likes Ted Cruz and Mike Lee on Facebook.
21. And he really likes The Big Lebowski and Sherlock.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›