1. The date is Tuesday, June 10, 2014 and this smell is wafting through the halls of Congress…
4. A freaking line that stretched through the Rayburn office building…
5. …past a bunch of tables…
6. …along the corridor…
7. …. and around the corner.
8. If you are unfamiliar with the massive size of House buildings, here is a scale:
10. At the end of the line, there are KFC doorkeepers in bow ties, clicking people in…
11. …and guess what awaits these lucky staffers on the other side of that door?
12. JUST GIGANTIC, GOLDEN MOUNTAINS OF FRIED CHICKEN:
13. And all the hill staffers were like:
14. Also, a bathtub of KFC gravy.
16. ****SOUND OF TRUMPET****
18. And plenty of butter and honey to pile on top of everything:
19. And, of course, something to wash it down.
21. Some members of Congress go around shaking hands…
23. …before running off to vote with greasy fingers.
And a fried chicken coma.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.