Ronald Reagan was the presidential master of YOLO.
31. Like that time he thought about hunting out the window of Air Force One.
30. When he let himself be photobombed epically by a 6-year-old.
27. When Reagan embraced the YOLO with a “Just Say NO” mask in the Oval Office.
8. When he said “I hope you’re all Republicans” to surgeons as he entered the operating room following a 1981 assassination attempt.
1. When Reagan joked during a mic check before his Saturday radio broadcast: “My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to announce that I’ve signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes.”
All photos Courtesy of Ronald Reagan Library Archive
In The News Today
- One person was killed and another was injured Friday in a shooting at Texas Southern University. Police have detained two possible suspects. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›