Ronald Reagan was the presidential master of YOLO.
31. Like that time he thought about hunting out the window of Air Force One.
30. When he let himself be photobombed epically by a 6-year-old.
27. When Reagan embraced the YOLO with a “Just Say NO” mask in the Oval Office.
8. When he said “I hope you’re all Republicans” to surgeons as he entered the operating room following a 1981 assassination attempt.
1. When Reagan joked during a mic check before his Saturday radio broadcast: “My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to announce that I’ve signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes.”
All photos Courtesy of Ronald Reagan Library Archive
In The News Today
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›