Conservatives did not appreciate Chris Christie’s photo-ops with President Obama right before the 2012 election.
But is was a mistake to leave him off of the Conservative Political Action Conference speakers list.
Christie has some undeniable things going for him that many top Republicans do not:
11. He has been on the frontline for conservatism on many popular shows.
7. People pay attention to him on an international level.
Sebastian Scheiner / AP
3. And that’s why Time magazine gave him this cover:
2. His CPAC speech would surely have been very critical of the President…
…and guaranteed the event media attention.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›