Conservatives did not appreciate Chris Christie’s photo-ops with President Obama right before the 2012 election.
But is was a mistake to leave him off of the Conservative Political Action Conference speakers list.
Christie has some undeniable things going for him that many top Republicans do not:
11. He has been on the frontline for conservatism on many popular shows.
7. People pay attention to him on an international level.
Sebastian Scheiner / AP
3. And that’s why Time magazine gave him this cover:
2. His CPAC speech would surely have been very critical of the President…
…and guaranteed the event media attention.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.