1. Kristen Wiig surprised audiences with an appearance in SNL’s “Sound of Music” cold opening.
She was playing her beloved “Lawrence Welk Show” character.
2. Okay, let’s break it down. First Kristen Wiig’s character Dooneese did this amazing dance.
3. She touched Maria’s boobs.
4. Dooneese danced again.
5. She whistled out of her butt.
6. She put a frog in her mouth.
7. There was some sexual tension…
8. Which Dooneese ruined.
9. She closed the show with a beautiful rendition of “Climb Every Mountain.”
10. And Fred Armisen came back too!!!
11. Here’s the video again because you probably want to see it one more time in all its weird glory.
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›