1. Kristen Wiig surprised audiences with an appearance in SNL’s “Sound of Music” cold opening.
She was playing her beloved “Lawrence Welk Show” character.
2. Okay, let’s break it down. First Kristen Wiig’s character Dooneese did this amazing dance.
3. She touched Maria’s boobs.
4. Dooneese danced again.
5. She whistled out of her butt.
6. She put a frog in her mouth.
7. There was some sexual tension…
8. Which Dooneese ruined.
9. She closed the show with a beautiful rendition of “Climb Every Mountain.”
10. And Fred Armisen came back too!!!
11. Here’s the video again because you probably want to see it one more time in all its weird glory.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.