2. “It is honestly humbling to meet you,” said Stewart. “Nothing feels better than making you laugh.”
3. Yousafzai described the terrorism inflicted on her village, including the Taliban bombing schools and slaughtering “two to three people a night.”
4. “I thought, why shall I wait for someone else?” Yousafzai said. “Why don’t I raise my voice? Why don’t I stand up for my rights? I need to tell the world what is happening.”
5. “I know your father is backstage and is very proud of you, but would he be mad if I adopted you?” Stewart asked, “Because you sure are swell.”
7. “I believe there is no difference between a man and a woman,” said Yousafzai. “I even believe a woman is more powerful than men.”
The crowd erupted with cheer as Yousafzai laughed. “Wait, what?” joked Stewart. “Malala, this was going so well.”
9. Stewart ended the interview series saying, “I don’t know where you come from, but I am very glad you’re here.”
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- Super Bowl 50 recap: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑