2. “It is honestly humbling to meet you,” said Stewart. “Nothing feels better than making you laugh.”
3. Yousafzai described the terrorism inflicted on her village, including the Taliban bombing schools and slaughtering “two to three people a night.”
4. “I thought, why shall I wait for someone else?” Yousafzai said. “Why don’t I raise my voice? Why don’t I stand up for my rights? I need to tell the world what is happening.”
5. “I know your father is backstage and is very proud of you, but would he be mad if I adopted you?” Stewart asked, “Because you sure are swell.”
7. “I believe there is no difference between a man and a woman,” said Yousafzai. “I even believe a woman is more powerful than men.”
The crowd erupted with cheer as Yousafzai laughed. “Wait, what?” joked Stewart. “Malala, this was going so well.”
9. Stewart ended the interview series saying, “I don’t know where you come from, but I am very glad you’re here.”
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.