1. Soccer players aren’t the only ones scoring during the World Cup in Brazil.
Prudence Caipirinha-Flavored Condoms, the unofficial condom of the World Cup that is only available only for a limited time and only in Brazil, are reportedly selling out. NBC San Diego reported that the initial shipment of 864,000 units (the condoms are sold three to a pack) sold out in just 15 days.
As the Wall Street Journal pointed out, many of the condoms sold will never be opened since they make for great souvenirs.
2. The condoms are yellow and green, the national colors of Brazil, and flavored to taste like Brazil’s national cocktail, the caipirinha.
The caipirinha is made with sugar cane liquor, sugar, and lime.
The condoms are produced by the world’s largest maker of condoms, Karex, and were ordered by DKT International, a firm based in Washington, D.C. that aims to “provide safe and affordable options for family planning and HIV prevention through social marketing.”
4. Because really, being naked shouldn’t mean that you can’t show your team spirit.
Get it, Brazil!
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏