The Associated Press
BREAKING: Publicist: Actor Dennis Farina, police officer turned star of “Law & Order,” has died at 69.
Dennis Farina, who starred as Detective Joe Fontana on Law & Order, died in a hospital in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist confirmed Monday.
He starred in movies like Midnight Run, Get Shorty, Saving Private Rya, and Snatch. He had also appeared in the HBO series Luck and in the Fox sitcom New Girl.
4. Before becoming an actor, Farina was a cop with the Chicago Police Department from 1967 to 1985.
5. Farina’s publicist said he is survived by “the love of his life of 35 years, Marianne Cahill,” reports TMZ.
6. Farina was known for his salty on-screen language.
Here’s Dennis Farina in “Midnight Run.” Language is often NSFW, obvs., because he’s Dennis Farina: http://t.co/55S6YsFR8d.
“Anything to declare?” “Yeah, don’t go to England.” RIP Dennis Farina.
- A Pennsylvania judge has ordered Bill Cosby to face trial for a felony sex-assault case from 2004.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.
- Greek police have begun clearing Europe's largest informal refugee camp on its border with Macedonia.