The Associated Press
BREAKING: Publicist: Actor Dennis Farina, police officer turned star of “Law & Order,” has died at 69.
Dennis Farina, who starred as Detective Joe Fontana on Law & Order, died in a hospital in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist confirmed Monday.
He starred in movies like Midnight Run, Get Shorty, Saving Private Rya, and Snatch. He had also appeared in the HBO series Luck and in the Fox sitcom New Girl.
4. Before becoming an actor, Farina was a cop with the Chicago Police Department from 1967 to 1985.
5. Farina’s publicist said he is survived by “the love of his life of 35 years, Marianne Cahill,” reports TMZ.
6. Farina was known for his salty on-screen language.
Here’s Dennis Farina in “Midnight Run.” Language is often NSFW, obvs., because he’s Dennis Farina: http://t.co/55S6YsFR8d.
“Anything to declare?” “Yeah, don’t go to England.” RIP Dennis Farina.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎