Emma told BuzzFeed News that their parents have always brought them to election year events in the state, and it was a common thing for them growing up.
“We don’t go on vacations to Disney World and things like that, we just go to the local political stuff,” she said.
The girls said they decided to take the selfie with Christie for fun, and then realized they could probably do it with many other candidates.
“Why not get one with everyone?” they said they thought.
7. Though it may seem hard for two teenagers to gain access to so many candidates, the girls said the politicians were eager to participate.
The only candidate the girls say they never took a picture with was former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, who was running as a Democrat but dropped out in October.
She said Trump was her favorite because “that’s just amazing to get.”
The girls said that they were allowed access to higher profile candidates, like Trump and Hillary Clinton, because the campaigns had heard about their project and wanted to help.
13. The girls have become so well-known, they even released an official endorsement. They picked Clinton.
“No matter what age you are [they are] going to be your president, so you should know what they say and think,” she said.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.