Emma told BuzzFeed News that their parents have always brought them to election year events in the state, and it was a common thing for them growing up.
“We don’t go on vacations to Disney World and things like that, we just go to the local political stuff,” she said.
The girls said they decided to take the selfie with Christie for fun, and then realized they could probably do it with many other candidates.
“Why not get one with everyone?” they said they thought.
7. Though it may seem hard for two teenagers to gain access to so many candidates, the girls said the politicians were eager to participate.
The only candidate the girls say they never took a picture with was former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, who was running as a Democrat but dropped out in October.
She said Trump was her favorite because “that’s just amazing to get.”
The girls said that they were allowed access to higher profile candidates, like Trump and Hillary Clinton, because the campaigns had heard about their project and wanted to help.
13. The girls have become so well-known, they even released an official endorsement. They picked Clinton.
“No matter what age you are [they are] going to be your president, so you should know what they say and think,” she said.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏