4 Famous Sandwiches from 4 Cities
Here's a video that shows you how to make all of them:
PHILADELPHIA, PA: PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
1. Slice the Italian roll 3 quarters of the way through so it can fold open.
2. Cook the chip steak in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir while cooking to make sure the meat cooks on all sides.
3. Place the open roll face down on top of the meat, then flip the whole thing over so the meat is inside.
4. Add cheese whiz and grilled onions.
5. Have a bite, Philly style!
MIAMI, FL: CUBAN
4 slices sweet ham
3 slices slow roasted pork
5 slices Swiss cheese
1. Cut off the ends of the Cuban bread, then slice in half.
2. Add mustard, then ham, then pork, then cheese, then pickles.
3. Place the bun on top and brush with melted butter.
4. Place sandwich on pan or griddle over low heat. Press the sandwich with a panini press, or if you don’t have a press use a heavy pot or pie dish and push down.
5. Cook 5-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
6. Buen apetito!
PITTSBURGH, PA: PRIMANTI’S SANDWICH
Soft Italian bread
8 slices Capicola
1 slice provolone cheese
1 handful of french fries
1 handful of coleslaw
2 tomato slices
1. Slice the Italian loaf, cutting slices about an inch in thickness. (Make sure the bread is room temperature for the best taste!)
2. Place 8 slices of capicola, all stacked on top of each other, on a pan or griddle. 3. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Flip the capicola over and add the provolone cheese. Cook until the cheese melts.
5. Place the capicola and cheese on one slice of bread. Top with fries, cole-slaw, tomato slices, and top with the other slice of bread.
6. Try not to dislocate your jaw and dig in!
MINNEAPOLIS, MN: JUCY LUCY
2 quarter pound ground beef patties
2 slices of American cheese
⅓ cup grilled diced onions
1. Brush melted butter on the inside surfaces of the hamburger bun and place on a pan or griddle on low heat.
2. While the bun is toasting, flatten each beef patty so that it’s about ¼ inch thick.
3. Place the cheese in the middle of one of the patties, then cover it with the other patty.
4. Push the patties together and pinch the edges, assuring there are no holes for the cheese to seep through.
5. Place meat on a griddle or pan over medium high heat. Cook 5-10 minutes per side or until cheesy juices start spilling out.
6. Add pickles to the bottom half of the bun, followed by the onions. Then top it off with the cooked burger and top bun.
7. Get your chompers ready! But be careful - the cheese is super hot inside!