1. Updated — April 1, 10:30 p.m. ET:
2. The “Google Maps Pokémon Challenge”
It’s real. If you update Google Maps on your phone, it will actually turn into a very simplified version of Pokémon and let you travel the world collecting Pokémon.
6. Google Chrome’s “Emojify The Web”
An updated version of Chrome for Android and iOS can now translate webpages into Emojis.
7. Nest + Virgin Airlines
Google’s Nest teamed up with Richard Branson’s Virgin Airlines to start a program that would allow every passenger to each set their own temperature in a plane all at once.
Zayn Malik from One Direction was reported dead on Twitter for a brief time on Monday afternoon. The rumor was most likely started by a competing fandom army or just a bunch of Twitter trolls. It became one of the top trending hashtags in the world. Zayn is not dead.
10. Airbnb’s Airbrb
It’s like Airbnb, but instead of renting out your apartment, the app lets you rent out your desk while you sneak off for a break at work.
13. Tumblr Pro
When activated, it plays a video full of inspirational imagery, then a message pops up and asks you if you want to upgrade. When it’s done, it just adds top hats to all the avatars on your dashboard.
15. Reddit’s “Headdit”
It’s a hands-free browsing option. A window in the corner of the screen maps your facial features, masks your face with the Reddit alien, and then reads you movements to upvote and downvote. It’s super creepy, but it actually does work. Also, if it thinks it detects a cat it takes you to a page full of cat content.
17. Vegemite’s Energy Drink
Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.
21. Remember: If you see something on the internet today—just like every other day—it’s probably totally fake.
22. Southwest Airlines’ Trip To Mars
A round trip to Mars will only cost you $9,999.
24. YouTube’s #newtrends
YouTube put out a series of videos explaining that they orchestrated every viral video trend. And now they’re letting users in on what new trends they have coming out which include stuff like “kissing dads,” “clocking,” and the “Glub Glub Water Dance.” There are a lot of videos.
28. Uber And Toms Launch Shuber
Uber and Toms partnered up to make a “completely sustainable” car service.
31. Chili’s Ice Cream
Chili’s announced that their putting all of their food in a big bowl of ice cream.
33. Samsung Fly-fi
Samsung say they’ve created Wi-Fi that’s available everywhere. That’s because they’ve attached routers to pigeons.
44. Samuel Adams’ HeliYUM
It’s helium-infused beer.
45. Honda’s First DIY Honda Car
Honda did an ad starring two hipsters who put together their own artisanal car.
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃