Bane, Batman Villain (L), Mitt Romney, Presidential Candidate ®
On Tuesday, Rush Limbaugh came out against The Dark Knight Rises claiming that it was no accident that the film’s villain, Bane, had a similar name to Mitt Romney’s former asset management and financial services company.
Limbaugh said of the film:
“Do you think it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire-breathing, four-eyed whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane?”
Limbaugh later clarified, stating:
“I said the Democrats were going to use it… Which they are! Jon Stewart is harping on it.”
16. And there’s even a video mashup.
So maybe the real takeaway from all this is that Batman movies have to stop coming out on election years.
- Republicans presented Democrats on Tuesday with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏