Bane, Batman Villain (L), Mitt Romney, Presidential Candidate ®
On Tuesday, Rush Limbaugh came out against The Dark Knight Rises claiming that it was no accident that the film’s villain, Bane, had a similar name to Mitt Romney’s former asset management and financial services company.
Limbaugh said of the film:
“Do you think it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire-breathing, four-eyed whatever-it-is villain in this movie is named Bane?”
Limbaugh later clarified, stating:
“I said the Democrats were going to use it… Which they are! Jon Stewart is harping on it.”
16. And there’s even a video mashup.
So maybe the real takeaway from all this is that Batman movies have to stop coming out on election years.
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- And you can tune into BuzzFeed News on Facebook, where we're covering the entire ceremony live.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.