1. Army Sgt. Brendan Marrocco, a 26-year-old from Staten Island, New York, lost four limbs in an explosion while serving overseas.
2. These photos were taken in July before the surgery, with Brendan sporting a prosthetic arm.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.