1. Honey Maid received a handful of negative comments over its recent “This Is Wholesome” ad spot, which featured gay and mixed-race parents. So the company decided to respond in a simple — but totally heartwarming — way.
Among those who disagreed with the commercial were right-wing group One Million Moms, which said its members were “highly offended” by Nabisco’s “disrespect of millions of American families by supporting the homosexual agenda,” and the American Decency Organization, who compared the company to Satan.
3. Watch the original ad, which was released online early last month.
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Greek police have begun clearing Europe's largest informal refugee camp on its border with Macedonia.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.