1. After Brazil had their intensely humbling World Cup loss to Germany last week, no one seemed to take it harder than defender David Luiz.
Brazil’s David Luiz cries after his team lost to Germany in their 2014 World Cup semi-finals on July 8.
3. With captain Thiago Silva suspended for the match, the team got slaughtered 7-1. Luiz went on TV to offer a tearful apology, where he said, “I just wanted to see my people smile.”
So 9-year-old fan Ana Luz decided to cheer up the athlete by writing him a heartfelt letter, which he posted on his Instagram.
5. The letter reads:
Hi David Luiz,
My name is Ana Luz.
I saw all of the Brazil games in the World Cup and I liked it a lot watching you play.
I think that you don’t need to be sad because you played well and did the best you could. You were a great captain.
Life is like this, sometimes people lose and sometimes people win but people only need to be happy.
David Luiz, you are my champion.
Ana Luz Penna Reale
The Paris Saint-Germain defender was incredibly touched by the letter, writing, “Many thanks princess Ana Luz, loved your letter! And thanks to all Brazilians for all the support! I’ll never give up my dreams, and I will always strive to give back all that love I receive! God bless you all!”
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists says they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- A Texas girl celebrated her 6th birthday with an absolutely amazing Selena-themed party 🎤🌹