1. Update 10/5: Kenya’s Red Cross says 18 people are still missing from Nairobi’s Westgate Mall, two weeks after terrorists killed at least 67.
A view of the destruction at Westgate.
3. Fourteen of those previously reported missing were said to have been found alive and seven bodies were already in the morgue. The number has come down from 39 missing last week.
Kenya Red Cross
#RedCrossTrace Still has 39 enquiries of missing #WestGateMall persons from members of the public http://t.co/FxfSMCcpti
5. Though three floors of the mall collapsed, journalist Daniel Howden reported some people may still be pulled from the wreckage alive.
Reliable source tells me some survivors recovered from #westgate basement today, as well as 6 bodies from the rubble
7. About 67 people have been reported killed, including police, when Somalian terrorist cell al-Shabab attacked the mall and held their ground for a four-day siege. Five of the militants were killed by Kenyan forces, and 10 were arrested.
Wrecked vehicles are seen within the destruction.
9. Speaking on Kenyan television, Cabinet Secretary Joseph Ole Lenku said there is now an additional suspect in custody.
CS Lenku: One more suspect was arrested today.
12. An international forensic team is now working in the rubble to begin the task of clearing and securing the shopping mall.
14. As the country begins the process of healing, DVDs showcasing highlights of the shootings featuring video from various local television stations have started to be sold in slums for 100 shillings, or $1, each.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭