16 Ideas For Amazing Fruit Salads
What to do (and what to don't) if you're interested in making pretty, delicious, totally non-lame bowls of fruit.
It's summer! And summer means fruit.
1. Use a little Greek yogurt in the dressing.
2. Or use this great, basic formula: citrus juice + fresh herb + honey or syrup.
3. Stick with one color for something striking.
4. Two-tone is classy, too.
(Even when it looks dressed up for Christmas.)
5. Grill the fruit first.
6. Let some vegetables join the party.
Watermelon gets along with almost everyone. Including radishes.
Avocado can also be pretty great.
7. You can take some extra time to compose a salad without going over the top.
A grid is awesome if you're using firm, cube-friendly fruit like melon.
8. Add some grains or seeds for protein and texture.
9. Try sticking with just one type of fruit — for example, stone fruits.
For the record, cherries are allowed in the stone fruit club too.
Tropical fruits (mango, papaya, pineapple, banana) are always happy to hang out together.
And berries are happiest in the company of other berries.
10. For a party, serve individual salads in fancy glasses.
11. Or inside a hollowed-out citrus rind.
Cute, cute, cute.