Price estimates assume you have a basic pantry stocked: spices, sugar, flour, cooking oil, and salt. All prices were calculated using Amazon Fresh under a Brooklyn, NY zipcode. Organic produce was limited to the dirty dozen.
1. Chicken with Mango-Tomato Salsa
2. Easy Ratatouille with Bell Peppers
3. Sweet Potato, Chicken, and Quinoa Soup
4. Banh Mi Pork Bowls with Pickled Carrots and Radishes
5. BBQ Chicken Tacos with Texas Caviar
6. Wild Rice Pilaf with Corn, Bell Peppers, and Basil
7. 5-Ingredient Super Simple Chicken and Stuffing
Round it out with a veggie (like the carrots shown + priced here) for a simple comfort meal.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (with leftovers) - $4.99
Stovetop Chicken Stuffing mix - $1.98
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup - $3.18
2 cans chicken broth - $1.98
Carrots (to steam on the side) - $1.57
Total cost: $13.70
Get the recipe on Cincy Shopper.
8. Zucchini and Tomato Frittata With Feta Cheese
9. Pulled Tropical Chicken Sandwiches with Coleslaw
10. Cheesy Beef Tortellini Pasta
11. Lemon and Herb Chicken Breasts with Steamed Asparagus
You cook the chicken with lemon juice on a bed of onions, and add the asparagus in the last few minutes to steam a little.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts - $4.99
Yellow onion - $0.36
Fresh thyme - $1.20
Lemon - $0.59
Asparagus - $3.99
Parsley - $0.99
Steam-in-microwave rice for serving - $1.59
Total cost: $12.12
Get the recipe from Baking Queen 74.
12. Frito and Chili Pie with Cheese
13. Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata Pasta
14. Zucchini Noodles with Pork Ragu
There's no better time to zoodle than zucchini season.
Pork tenderloin: $3.49
28oz can crushed tomatoes: $1.89
Jar roasted red peppers (with leftovers): $2.99
Fresh thyme: $1.20
Fresh parsley: $0.99
2 zucchini squash: $2.49
Total cost: $13.74
Get the recipe on Skinny Taste.
15. Creamy Chicken Caesar Wraps
16. Lentil Curry with Onion, Garlic, and Peppers
17. Baked Potatoes with Cheddar and Bacon
A no-cleanup weeknight winner.
Potatoes - $4.99
Shredded cheddar - $2.79
Bacon - $3.99
Sour cream - $1.69
Fresh chives - $1.20
Total Cost: $12.66
Get the recipe from Well Plated.