2. This is Rep. Peter T. King, representative for New York’s 2nd congressional district and chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security. He had a nice spot at the inauguration.
4. UPDATE: This is Peter King’s photo. A bit blurry.
And King’s defense of his lack of knowledge in this situation is fantastic:
“I didn’t know! I knew the name but I didn’t realize that was him. I just know Beyoncé from seeing her picture in the papers. I don’t know rap. I stopped listening to music after Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers.I’m not that starstruck with entertainers,” he continued, but “if we’re gonna focus on somebody, I’d rather focus on her than him — that’s a beautiful woman! If it was David Wright or R.A. Dickey, then I’d be excited.”
- U.S. President Barack Obama said that world leaders at the G7 summit are "rattled" by the rise of Donald Trump — and rightly so.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.
- And these Syrians have returned home after surviving the siege that destroyed Homs, the third-largest city in the country.