1. UPDATE — June 23, 5:00 p.m. ET
2. FIFA has cleared Mexico in an investigation of its country’s fans allegedly chanting homophobic slurs during their matches against Cameroon and Brazil, the New York Times reports.
6. FIFA says it “takes a firm, zero-tolerance stance against any form of discrimination and racism.” FIFA’s disciplinary committee said Sunday it was opening an investigation against German fans who wore blackface to Germany’s match vs. Ghana.
Instagram user selma_slim, who attended the World Cup, uploaded the picture on Saturday with the caption: “So far I’ve counted 8 Germans in black face. Worst, people are lining up to take pictures with them. Poor form, #Germany. #racism #racists #worldcup”
8. ESPN said it would try to limit chanting being heard during its broadcast of Mexico’s final group stage match vs. Croatia on Monday.
9. UPDATE: Mexican fans are still chanting “puto” during the Mexico vs. Croatia match.
- Trump's supporters are just as frustrated as he is about not getting things done — and they're blaming everyone but Trump.
- The National Enquirer tabloid is growing by speaking to an audience ignored by mainstream media and backing Trump.
- Furniture stores are being reshaped by a simple fact: many young people simply aren't in the market for their stuff anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Model Bella Hadid, who promoted Fyre Festival on her social media, spoke out about the chaos and apologized to ticket holders.