Cheddar Corn Fritters
Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
1 ½ cups flour
2 cups corn (or one 15 ounce can)
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
⅓ cup chives, chopped
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
½ cup oil, for frying
1. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients.
2. In a large skillet, heat a half cup of oil (or until entire skillet is covered with a thin layer) over medium-high heat.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture to form each fritter into the hot oil.
4. Flip after about a minute and a half or when you can see the edges beginning to brown. Repeat for other side.
5. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives.