Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
Here's a video showing you how:
For the soup:
2 pounds squash, peeled, deseeded, and roughly chopped
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
Drizzle olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon thyme
¼ cup reduced fat coconut milk (or milk of choice)
For the optional garnish:
1. Place squash pieces, onion, and garlic into a slow cooker.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and add vegetable broth.
3. Sprinkle over ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, sea salt, and pepper.
4. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
5. Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth (if you do not have a hand blender, you can transfer the ingredients to a regular blender or food processor, just be careful when blending hot liquids!).
6. Add thyme and coconut milk and blend for a few more seconds until incorporated.
7. Garnish with chives and pumpkin seeds (optional).
Inspired by recipe here.