Preet Bharara speaks to the public a lot — speeches to legal groups, business schools, law schools, and in his press conferences announcing indictments of white collar criminals and corrupt public officials. But perhaps his most highly anticipated talk is a question and answer session he’s had with Jim Cramer the past two years at CNBC and Institutional Investor’s “Delivering Alpha” conference. Today, for instance, he told the ballroom full of hedge fund managers that “I had a suitcase full of subpoenas, but on the way over here, I ran into, like, six corrupt politicians.”
2. “You told me there were going to be a lot of people here from the hedge fund industry…I just want to apologize in advance that I don’t have enough subpoenas for all of you. Obviously, I’m kidding. I do have enough”
From a question and answer session at CNBC’s hedge fund conference “Delivering Alpha” last year.
3. “Now I am told there are some people who don’t see what all the fuss is about. Insider trading, they suggest, is not a particular scourge and is a poor pick as a priority for law enforcement. I know that no one in this room thinks that.”
But for all his prosecutorial prowess, Bharara doesn’t know what Snapchat is.
Preet Bharara on #snapchat: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” #deliveringalpha
Wow. @jimcramer asks #Bharara if traders get away w/ @Snapchat inside tips since msgs disappear. Bharara: “I always learn something here.”
- Chaos erupted at a protest outside a Trump rally in Southern California on Thursday night.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯