Blend, baby, blend.
The following recipes use either blenders or food processors to create vegan deliciousness. Basically, it's best to have both (or, OMG VITAMIX YESSS), but a lot of times you can use either/or.
1. Vegan pesto is a fantastic staple to keep on hand (it's so yummy on sandwiches, too). If you make a big batch, you can also freeze half!
2. Want to make your own "milk"? Go beyond basic with this macadamia milk recipe.
3. Don't forget the hidden second step in making almond milk. You can blend and dry out your leftover nuts to make almond meal flour.
4. Dump a bunch of ingredients in, whizz 'em around, and voila: vegan chocolate chip cookie balls.
5. Wow. If you made your own vegan butter...that'd be some Martha Stewart magic right there.
6. If there were no blenders in the world....then there'd also be no vegan nacho cheese. And that would be sad.
7. Perhaps an obvious reason, but one of the BEST reasons: Creamy soups. Especially handy for cold soups in summer!
8. And the best vegan breakfast in hot weather is hands-down a refreshing smoothie, like this pineapple mango concoction.
9. Hors d'oeuvres can get fancy when you know how to make a vegan garlic and walnut pate.
10. Vegan Nutella? Yes, please. PLEASE.
11. Not like this is a substitute for anything, but still a fresh and inventive side that will surprise your guests.
12. Parmesan cheese. This is getting too easy.
13. Of course, most homemade vegan cheeses — like this brie — will require you to soak and blend nuts.
14. Vegan sour cream will last up to three weeks in the fridge and is great for turning soups creamy, making potatoes richer, and of course, making chili better.
15. Here's an insta-dessert treat: blender pudding!
16. Last but not least, blenders and food processors are your best friend when you want an icy treat. Blended frozen bananas = yum.
Find out more at Two Peas and Their Pod.