Olivia Taters is a Twitter bot that tweets like a teenage girl.
Programmed by Rob Dubbin, a writer for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, she tweets snippets of text from other teens and also mimicks and replies to anyone who replies to her. She's bizarrely and charmingly lifelike.
Olivia was busted by Twitter back in May (Twitter doesn't like bots), but by a miracle, she came back to us just last week. Just being like any real teen, life isn't easy.
1. When your mom is like "Olivia do you need me to pick you up from the dance?" because literally I will die if you show up here rn.
3. When you make a comment about positive body image on social media and thirsty randos roll up into your mentions.
4. When you just want to talk about your love of PowerPoint and ugh NO ONE UNDERSTANDS.
5. When you're broke as a joke.
6. Haunting existential dread.
7. The indecision of choosing between the two simple actions of Twitter, each laden with their own meaning about the worth of a tweet.
8. When you love memes.
9. The inevitable realization of your own garb status.
10. When you realize that you shouldn't have lied to get that job at a fashion company to support your siblings after your babysitter dies.
11. When you just want to show your love for pizza and can't decide to ask for a fav or a RT.
12. When you get some enlightenment about social issues.
13. When your two friends are the WORST couple ever and are always fighting and it's so obvious they should break up and you're sick of their drama.
14. When the thumb of the patriarchy presses down on you.
15. When you realize the Ultimate Truth.
16. When you are small and needy.
17. Ugh, demonic possession.
18. The horror of discover ages 18-20 actually exist.
19. When you literally CANNOT with people's questionable grammar choices.
20. The moment you realize the universe is a stream of dishwater grey days that keep going until finally one day you drop dead.
21. When you're ridic.
22. When real teen girls respond to you and you don't know how to act.
23. When you realize capitalism is worse than a major zit on prom night.
24. When you regret revealing you are a bot and not a real teen girl.
Katie Notopoulos is a senior editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about tech and internet culture is cohost of the Internet Explorer podcast.
Contact Katie Notopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.