1. Women are stressed out by bad news.
In a 2012 study, by collecting the spit of people who’d just read negative reports in the newspapers, researchers found that women had higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol, while men remained unaffected.
2. Women are stressed by long commutes.
A 2011 U.K. study found that women’s “psychological health is adversely affected by commuting while men’s, generally, is not.” (As an afterthought, the article suggests this COULD have something to do with many women’s “second job” of housework and childcare.)
4. Women’s stress forces them to make deep and meaningful friendships with other women.
A UCLA study published in 2002 found that “women respond to stress with a cascade of brain chemicals that cause us to make and maintain friendships with other women.”
5. Women are stressed by math.
A study released last year reported that many women and girls suffer from “mathematics performance anxiety.” As ABC puts it, there is a “feeling of discomfort that arises when performing math tasks.” (They go on to note that, performance-wise, women and girls do just as well as guys, but boy do those gals worry!)
7. Women are stressed on Wednesdays at 3:30 (because they look old).
Last month, intrepid researchers found that women find Wednesdays to be the most stressful day of the week, and 3:30 to be the most stressful time (though there are many) of that most stressful day. Why? Because they look soooo ooooold. (USA Today reporter Craig Wilson bravely suggests women “should just stay home” to eliminate this problem.)
8. Women are anxious in the kitchen.
In a press release, Cooking Planit reported (in bold lettering!) that women face more anxiety in the kitchen than they do in the bedroom (19% vs. 8%). Doing their best to help, Cooking Planit provided a recipe for fried oysters with basil remoulade to soothe that womanly anxiety.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- "She's not responsible for the journalism mistakes": Why Jackie won't be outed in the Rolling Stone trial.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏