Let me reiterate:
1.) Machine Gun Kelly, whose most famous song contains the line “Textback with your titties on it // Levis with your kitty on it”
2. Was invited to a Microsoft store, in Atlanta
3. To perform music
First of all, the whole concept of a Microsoft in-store performance is odd. Apple has done them for years, and maybe Microsoft is just taking yet another cue from its retail success — though the last Apple store event I went to was a low-key Q & A with the cast and crew of Where the Wild Things Are, which was kind of awkward and basically the exact opposite of an MGK performance.
Second, if you’re going to do an event, do an event. (See update from Microsoft at the bottom of the post.)
What did they think was going to happen here? Was MGK supposed to jump up on stage and be like “YEAH, I REALLY LIKE WINDOWS PHONE, GET EXCITED ABOUT MICROSOFT SURFACE?” Was Waka Flocka Flame supposed to hop out from behind a laptop display and chant “METRO, METRO, TOUCHSCREEN, METRO??”
Whatever the case, the show evidently ended with a call to the police.
Haha love the caption. This was a pic from last night before police kicked me out http://t.co/bxJQ88c4— Machine Gun Kelly
In other news, Microsoft is rumored to be working on new phone hardware.
6. Update!A Microsoft spokesperson emails:
On Sept. 28, The Source held a private event at the Microsoft Lenox Square Store. We offer our stores as a venue for the community to use, and this event was not sponsored by Microsoft.
While the artist’s behavior was appropriate for a concert, some of it was not appropriate in a store environment. Please contact The Source for further information on the event itself.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️