Let me reiterate:
1.) Machine Gun Kelly, whose most famous song contains the line “Textback with your titties on it // Levis with your kitty on it”
2. Was invited to a Microsoft store, in Atlanta
3. To perform music
First of all, the whole concept of a Microsoft in-store performance is odd. Apple has done them for years, and maybe Microsoft is just taking yet another cue from its retail success — though the last Apple store event I went to was a low-key Q & A with the cast and crew of Where the Wild Things Are, which was kind of awkward and basically the exact opposite of an MGK performance.
Second, if you’re going to do an event, do an event. (See update from Microsoft at the bottom of the post.)
What did they think was going to happen here? Was MGK supposed to jump up on stage and be like “YEAH, I REALLY LIKE WINDOWS PHONE, GET EXCITED ABOUT MICROSOFT SURFACE?” Was Waka Flocka Flame supposed to hop out from behind a laptop display and chant “METRO, METRO, TOUCHSCREEN, METRO??”
Whatever the case, the show evidently ended with a call to the police.
Haha love the caption. This was a pic from last night before police kicked me out http://t.co/bxJQ88c4— Machine Gun Kelly
In other news, Microsoft is rumored to be working on new phone hardware.
6. Update!A Microsoft spokesperson emails:
On Sept. 28, The Source held a private event at the Microsoft Lenox Square Store. We offer our stores as a venue for the community to use, and this event was not sponsored by Microsoft.
While the artist’s behavior was appropriate for a concert, some of it was not appropriate in a store environment. Please contact The Source for further information on the event itself.
- The Trump administration deleted a State Department post promoting Trump's Mar-a-lago club after it drew a wave of criticism online.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤