1. On a recent episode of It’s Not You, It’s Men (a talk show starring Tyrese and Rev Run), Amber Rose fired back against the hosts’ slut-shaming views on consent.
Rose said she gets “sexually assaulted constantly” by people who think that her fame and public image mean it’s OK to grope her without her consent.
Tyrese responded that he believes “the comfortability some people find in wanting to touch or grope” Rose is “an energy that is sent out there that creates that type of response.”
He also compared people inappropriately touching Rose because of what she’s wearing to wanting to play basketball with someone because they’re wearing a basketball jersey.
2. Rose was not down with that AT ALL , and gave a perfect, straightforward explanation of what consent is.
“If I’m laying down with a man, butt-naked, and his condom is on, and I say, ‘You know what? No. I don’t want to do this. I changed my mind,’ that means no,” Rose said.
“That means fucking no. That’s it. It doesn’t matter how far I take it or what I have on. When I say no, it means no.”
4. Which Rose shut down real quick.
“If I want to wear a short skirt or a tank top, and I’m at the club and I’m having fun with my friends and I feel sexy, I’m not DTF,” she said. “I didn’t come here to have sex. I didn’t come here to hook up with nobody. I came out here with my girls and I just feel pretty. I’m not ‘asking for’ nothing.”
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈