2. On Twitter, Roger Ebert continued to make his ever-relevant points about film.
Films that explain nothing often make everything clear. Films that explain everything often have nothing to explain.— Roger Ebert
After 3D re-re-re-release, George Lucas plans to bring “Star Wars” to radio, vaudeville, puppet shows and medieval pageant.— Roger Ebert
4. But he also shared the best quotes.
“Bugs is who we want to be. Daffy is who we are.” (Chuck Jones)— Roger Ebert
5. And, like the rest of us, used Twitter to complain about Twitter.
WHY is my Twitter right column now on left? WHY has my background faded? WHY no enlargement click? WHY won’t they leave me the **** alone?— Roger Ebert
6. He liked to snark on American politics and government.
“Operation Odyssey Dawn?” Is it possible to conduct a military operation without giving it a title like a Tom Clancy novel?— Roger Ebert
7. Especially conservatives.
Somehow it’s appropriate that people opposed to gay marriage would rally at a fast-food chicken chain.— Roger Ebert
8. Like this one about Mitt Romney:
One man, one wife, says Romney—whose great-grandfather had five wives, and great-great-grandfather had 12.— Roger Ebert
9. Or these about Donald Trump:
Trump: How did Obama get into Harvard? Me: How did Bush get into Yale? Why didn’t Trump get into the Hair Club for Men?— Roger Ebert
Anyone who doesn’t like the crust on a pizza cannot be trusted to be President of the United States.— Roger Ebert
11. Or this one about Sarah Palin:
Sarah Palin rummages online frantically erasing her rabble-rousing Tweets like a Stalinist trimming non-persons out of photos.— Roger Ebert
12. Though he thoroughly appreciated Ron Paul.
Ron Paul is the only one I’d want to sit next to on a long airplane flight.— Roger Ebert
13. He was hilarious.
Self-help books are bullshit. Read a good book. That’ll help you.— Roger Ebert
You know, that song “My Way” has made a lot of assholes feel virtuous.— Roger Ebert
15. And informative.
30 years ago today, scientist Scott Fahlman suggested the use of a colon, a hyphen, and a parenthesis to represent happy and sad faces.— Roger Ebert
16. And a little inflammatory.
Kids who wear American Flag t-shirts on 5 May should have to share a lunchroom table with those who wear a hammer and sickle on 4 July.— Roger Ebert
Friends don’t let jackasses drink and drive.— Roger Ebert
19. But his advice was always sage.
To a friend uncertain about moving: Every city you move to already contains friends of a lifetime you have not yet met.— Roger Ebert
A religion that doesn’t teach tolerance might as well not bother teaching anything else.— Roger Ebert
21. And whether you agreed with him or not, you never wanted to be on his bad side.
Charlie Sheen made fun of my cancer because I dissed him in “Wall Street?” Dude, you ain’t *seen* me in attack mode.— Roger Ebert
- #Brexit fallout: Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not step down after more than 10 cabinet members resigned on Sunday.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.