1. One-Pot Ham & Potato Soup
2. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
2 strips of bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup carrot, diced
1 cup celery, diced
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups cooked ham, cubed
2 potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a 6-quart dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-high heat until fat is rendered out and the pieces begin to get crispy.
2.Add onion, carrot, and celery, and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add flour, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes to avoid lumps.
4. Add ham, potatoes, thyme, and black pepper. Stir to coat the meat and potatoes in the roux/vegetable mix before adding the chicken broth and bay leaves.
5. Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove bay leaves and stir in cream. Return to a simmer and serve.