Pesto Chicken Pasta Meal Prep (Under $20)
Here's a video showing you how to make it:
1 tablespoon oil ($2.99 for bottle)
Salt, to taste
1 pound chicken breast (1 large chicken breast), cooked and diced ($4.01)
2 cups asparagus (10 ounces), cut into 1.5 inch pieces ($3.14)
10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved ($2.99)
⅔ cup pesto ($3.69)
2 cups whole wheat penne, measured dry ($1.99 for box)
Parsley, for garnish ($0.89)
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Toss in the asparagus, season with a bit of salt, and sautée until the begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
2. Pour on the pesto, pasta, and chicken and stir to combine.
3. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and give everything a stir to combine and warm through.
4. Distribute pasta mixture evenly between 4 tupperware containers.
5. Top with parsley for garnish.
6. Can be refrigerated up to 4 days.