1. Morris the cat, a proposed candidate in Xalapa, Mexico’s mayoral race, won’t be allowed to run because he’s not a human.
2. Morris’ owners, David Cruz and Sergio Chamorro, wanted Morris to be a candidate because they’re disillusioned with the empty promises of the city’s politicians.
3. Their campaign slogan was “Tired of voting for rats? Vote for a cat.”
4. Morris has more than 110,000 Facebook likes, more than any of the human candidates, but they still won’t let him run.
5. The people really like him. Here, a woman holds a poster reading “Help Morris. Only Morris can help.” as the streets flood.
6. Chamorro is asking voters to write in Morris or draw a cat on their ballots since they can’t actually vote for him.
7. A donkey and chicken are also running.
8. The election is July 7.
9. Good luck, Morris.
10. Previously: There’s A Cat Named Morris Running For Mayor In Mexico
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber has ordered an "urgent investigation" into an engineer's claim that she repeatedly experienced workplace sexism.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩