1. Morris the cat, a proposed candidate in Xalapa, Mexico’s mayoral race, won’t be allowed to run because he’s not a human.
2. Morris’ owners, David Cruz and Sergio Chamorro, wanted Morris to be a candidate because they’re disillusioned with the empty promises of the city’s politicians.
3. Their campaign slogan was “Tired of voting for rats? Vote for a cat.”
4. Morris has more than 110,000 Facebook likes, more than any of the human candidates, but they still won’t let him run.
5. The people really like him. Here, a woman holds a poster reading “Help Morris. Only Morris can help.” as the streets flood.
6. Chamorro is asking voters to write in Morris or draw a cat on their ballots since they can’t actually vote for him.
7. A donkey and chicken are also running.
8. The election is July 7.
9. Good luck, Morris.
10. Previously: There’s A Cat Named Morris Running For Mayor In Mexico
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭